Monday, July 7, 2008

Black Hills, South Dakota

While we were visiting Scott's parents in South Dakota, we decided to get away to the Black Hills for some family time.
This is us at Mount Rushmore. It was so foggy that day from the California wildfire smoke, that it was hard to see the mountain!
We stopped at Storybook Island in Rapid City, where they have a bunch of story book themed playgrounds and displays. Doesn't Scott look cute as Raggedy Ann?

This is my favorite... They still have 80's playground equipment there. The same model I played on in Kentucky when I was little!
Giddyup, Horsey! We took a tour of Crystal Cave.
We camped overnight. According to Popcan, this would be sissy camping because there were flush toilets and showers.

2 comments:

The Duckworth Family said...

I love that old picture of you....way too cute!~

Sheila said...

Sounds fun. I love South Dakota (for a vacation that is). There's so much fun stuff to do. I'm curious about the smoke from California. I haven't noticed that we have any here in Utah. How did it get all the way to South Dakota?