Monday, June 30, 2008

Girl's Camp!

I was called to serve as assistant ward camp leader this year, so I spent 5 days last week at Girl's Camp. It was held in Conifer, Colorado, it was beautiful scenery, I guess that made up for having no showers! Gross! This is Cabin 6, the cabin that never goes to bed...

Any guesses what the theme was this year? The girls I were over were the 3rd years, the 14 year olds. They were all nice girls and I enjoyed them. The girls were split by year rather than by ward, it worked well. We got through the week with just a handful of drama.
Our girls were the ones that brought the silly string, shaving cream, firecrackers and the very loud singing voices at 1:00 am! We were ordered to quarantine them in the cabin the last night.
What's girl's camp without skits? These are some of the young women in our ward having a gummy worm race at our ward reunion.Girl's camp made me nostalgic for the girls I grew up with in the Country Oaks Ward. Who can forget Sarah doing the canoe paddle during our cheer? Or Carrie doing somersaults in the lake? Or picking leeches off our legs? I taught the camp the "Weinie Man" song, one of our favorites from Lake Lyman.
So I left with no mosquito bites, but dead tired. My cabin stayed up until 2:00 am for the first 3 nights, and then 4:30 am the last night!

5 comments:

Christina said...

I loved girls camp growing up! I think that would be a fun calling, but I have to admit the no sleep would probably kill me!

Jen said...

Jenny! It was so fun to see you. I'm glad the girls weren't toooo rough ;) You definitely had a few whoppers!

Please come and swim in our pool, I would love to hang out more.

The Duckworth Family said...

I agree about missing Lake Lyman! What memories. I'll never forget the year Carrie and I nearly scared the pee out of us thinking this boy from Gillette Wyoming was the Bull Moose Ghost! And not to mention the infamous words of Laura Melville..."Camille, you don't have love in your heart!" She needed some sugar, or had too much!

Sheila said...

I loved Lake Lyman too, even though I think I only went one year with you guys. I can't even remember. I bet you were an awesome leader and the girls had some much fun with you.

Carrie said...

I love Lake Lyman too. So many fun memories of that place. I loved swimming in the lake for some reason even though it's freezing and there's leeches.