Saturday, September 5, 2009

Adoption Day!!

Last August, a little kindergarten boy walked into my music room, and I decided that he was my new favorite student. I found his teacher after school to tell her that Gauge was my favorite, and she told me he was in foster care waiting for a family. After adoption classes, a homestudy, fasting and lots of prayers, we decided to have Gauge and his sister, Anastasha as part of our family. Gauge is 6 and in kindergarten, and Anastasha is 10 and in 5th grade. They joined us in February, and they were officially adopted this August 31st. Because of foster care rules, we haven't been able to post their picture until now.


On adoption day, we were lucky to have my parents, Scott's parents, Marty, Uncle Phil and Laurie there. There were also other special people that worked with these kids for the past few years.

Judge Delgado and our family after the adoption. She kept this case even though she moved court rooms. She has a special bond with Gauge and Anastasha.

The kids got a trampoline for their adoption present, since foster rules are strict with trampolines.
What a special day! Victoria has been a great big sister, and we are so excited for the kids to finally be "ours!"

13 comments:

Christina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I couldn't be happier for you and your family-what a wonderful gift!

Carrie and Tyson said...

Oh my heck, that's so exciting! And how wonderful that they can stay together. They are adorable! How do you pronounce his name? Congratulations!

Amy Abbott said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!
Love, Amy Abbott

Anonymous said...

I cant believe you posted on your blog again! I was so excited to see it.....

The kids are adorable and I think it is awesome what you have done for them....and I really like your LONG hair. It looks really good.

Jenny said...

You pronounce it "gage"

Adam and Krysta said...

That is wonderful! I had no idea. Congratulations! It's good to finally have an update on your blog!

Rebe said...

Fun pictures! We are so happy everything went smoothly for you guys. We loved meeting Gauge and Anastasha. Can't wait to see you again!

Natalie said...

Congrats! That is so awesome and we are so happy for you guys. :D Congrats!! :D

Megan said...

Congratulations, Jenny and Scott! What a wonderful event! Love you guys!

Kelli said...

Congratulations Jenny! I am so excited for your family! You all look beautiful! Those kids are the luckiest in the world to have parents like you & Scott! And I love the kids' names- they are adorable!

Cathy Christiansen said...

Jenny - those kids are so darling! We are so happy for you and Scott. Congratulations! So happy you can finally post pictures (and have a trampoline)!

The Duckworth Family said...

Carrie mentioned the adoption to me, but this was the first time I have gotten on your blog and read about it. I cried. I know I'm to have one more baby (no I'm not pregnant again yet!), but after that we want to do foster care and adopt. I have a lot of friends here that do foster care and I think about 10 kids have gone through that I would love as my own! I completely love and admire you guys for doing that. There are four kids in my primary right now that I love so much and are in foster care. The sad part is they aren't adoptable. I wonder some days if they were....woudl I be prepared for that at this time in my life. Of course there would be much prayer and hopefully answers, but in the mean time I"m so happy for you guys!

adamanderinclark said...

Congratulations!!!! I have not been bloging for a while. what a surprise to see that your family has grown. We couldn't be happier.